cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
hconn1
New

Failure to Apply DNS Records

I purchased a domain name from 123Reg and I am trying to host it through GoDaddy. It is asking me to Connect my domain at 123 Reg however when I click Continue to 123Reg and confirm to allow GoDaddy to make DNS changes to my domain to work with cPanel, it returns the error Failure to apply DNS records. Can anyone advise me on what I need to do to be able to get my site set up from here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try going directly to the address, replacing the red part with your domain name.

dcc.godaddy.com/manage/YOURDOMAIN.COM/dns

If it is not there make sure the domain has been added inside cPanel.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Nate
Super User I

You can try manually updating the nameservers.

Find the 2 NS records (ns##.domaincontrol.com) in your GoDaddy Domain Manager.

https://dcc.godaddy.com/manage/YOURDOMAIN.COM/dns

Then use those to replace the namservers in your 123reg account.

https://www.123-reg.co.uk/support/domains/how-do-i-change-the-nameservers-for-my-domain-name/

Thanks for this. However, when I to the link above for the NS records on GoDaddy it states there are no domains to be found.

I feel I should probably also say that I am new to using GoDaddy so am still trying to find my way around it so I am also unsure if I have started setting it up in the right order or not.

Try going directly to the address, replacing the red part with your domain name.

dcc.godaddy.com/manage/YOURDOMAIN.COM/dns

If it is not there make sure the domain has been added inside cPanel.

View solution in original post

The domain is added in cPanel, and when I use the link above it now goes to a DNS settings page for the domain, however it doesn't give any nameservers.

There should be two NS records informatively listed in the DNS.  If they are not showing I'd suggest contacting support to take a look into your account.