cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Getting Started

FTP not working via FETCH software - won't accept password

I have several sites/domains with GoDaddy, have been using Dreamweaver to create site and FETCH to upload. Fetch has stopped working. It keeps telling me that my password is wrong. It's not. Tech told me two days ago it was GoDaddy's fault, not mine, but nothing has changed in those two days. In addition to this problem, I can't figure out how to upload my site via GoDaddy's FTP or whatever. I used to know how to do that but apparently GoDaddy has changed all that. It wasn't broken but they fixed it. Dammit!!! I'm really getting angry that I can't access my domain using Fetch. Do I need to transfer my domains to another company? Or will someone tell me what the heck is going on?! Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@wacvet 

On the GoDaddy My Products screen (https://account.godaddy.com/products) you will see under web hosting a server and if it doesn't have cPanel in the name you are more than likely on the legacy hosting product. I suggest calling support and finding out about migration options.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@wacvet 

Are you on the Linux Deluxe Hosting or an a cPanel server?

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Getting Started

@PL281 Linux, I think. How do I find out?

@wacvet 

On the GoDaddy My Products screen (https://account.godaddy.com/products) you will see under web hosting a server and if it doesn't have cPanel in the name you are more than likely on the legacy hosting product. I suggest calling support and finding out about migration options.

View solution in original post