cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Getting Started

Domain Name Not Resolving To GoDaddy Shared Hosting

My newly transferred domain name (transferred to Namecheap) is not resolving to my shared hosting server here at GoDaddy.  I have setup DNS hosting for the domain name here at GoDaddy, entered in the DNS records, and used the GoDaddy nameservers at Namecheap. I have confirmed pinging the domain name uses the GoDaddy shared hosting server IP address for my account.  So what's the problem here?  It's been 4+ days now...

 

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I actually got it working tonight since you sparked an idea for me.  Since the site folder/domain was existing from before the transfer, I thought, well maybe I need to delete the domain from cpanel and recreate the domain. 

 

I renamed the original site folder, deleted the domain & sub-domains from cpanel, and recreated everything.  I then tested it with a quick index.html file and it worked.  I then renamed the original site folder back to it's original name and bam...it all was working again.  

 

Thanks for sparking an idea....

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@bryankouba 

 

What is your domain and have you add the domain to the server itself?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

The domain was originally purchased here at GoDaddy but was transferred to Namecheap.  So the site is still on the server & it lists in cpanel.

I actually got it working tonight since you sparked an idea for me.  Since the site folder/domain was existing from before the transfer, I thought, well maybe I need to delete the domain from cpanel and recreate the domain. 

 

I renamed the original site folder, deleted the domain & sub-domains from cpanel, and recreated everything.  I then tested it with a quick index.html file and it worked.  I then renamed the original site folder back to it's original name and bam...it all was working again.  

 

Thanks for sparking an idea....

View solution in original post