Go to solution
    New

SUBMENU on GO Central

Does anyone know how to great a submenu on GO central navigation. example

Home Sports- 1. Baseball 2. Football

20 REPLIES 20

Re: SUBMENU on GO Central

Hi @JBuk, thanks for posting.

Submenus/sub-navigation are not currently available on GoCentral. I'll have your interest in this passed along as Feedback.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status
    New

we need this feature. i am starting to regret using this as my website builder. there are simple essential features that are missing here.

New

I feel the same. Sub menus are a basic feature. I do not want to have 50 pages on my navigation bar. I am feeling serious regret as well. I am researching other website builders currently

I need this feature.  Just decided to get back into the web building game but going to easy route because I have small clients and just noticed I can't do submenus.  Not having the ability to create submenus is bad.  Please add it real sooon before it's too late. 

cstrasia
    Former Employee

@DaveyBMI - we hear you! And we are working on the plan for submenu's as we speak.  I don't have a release date, but it's definitely near the top of the queue!

Thanks!  I was searching for a solution and disappointed there wasn't one but I'm glad to hear this is a top priority. I hope we get an email letting us know when the submenu's are available.  

I NEED SUBMENU DESPERATELY!!!!!!!

I have several informational pages that should go under one topic..i.e. learning center... 

Cant believe this basic option is not available in a website builder package!!

Helper I

@cstrasia

I really don't like disparaging anyone or anything but I'm sorry GoDaddy, your website builder (New Website Builder? / GoCentral? / Builder 7? ... well, it really is lame. Sorry.

Very buggy, impossible to organize new information with old, without extensive rewrites.

No ability to copy sections.

A paragraph of maybe 50 words takes forever to display....then if you made a mistake on that paragraph, it takes eons to wait to make the correction then display again.

When you are typing in a paragraph you only have that tiny little editing window to create your lines, all the while the display on the left is scrolling UP and DOWN and UP and DOWN ... it makes me seasick and I'm 32 miles from the ocean.  What's with that?

Cover photos and some other photo options are impossible to get right and center, some going off screen. I expand the image and same thing .... my gawsh, a simple image takes 10 minutes sometimes.

I really could go on about this but I'm just flabbergasted that a once trusted name in web builders and savvy tools has gone to ... well, we use the word BASURA here .. you figure it out.

Now, you might say to us, well, change - upgrade... but realize we've invested time into this builder and to change would possibly delay us further, and possibly even lose customers. I know one mine is having issues with simple submissions that might take me hours to do.

Again, I'm not one to air sour grapes but I just finished entering a 38 word paragraph that took me 40 minutes to complete because of the buggy and SLLLOOOOOW production after I type - and that makes me want to pull all the hair out of my head ... and I don't need that at 64 years of age.

I hope fixes and upgrades are forthcoming - PLEASE, it's too late and too expensive to change now. Bring back your old web builder developers, have them sit down with the new ones and instruct them how to properly write a web builder instruction set. Please?

I can't believe sub menus still haven't been added???

Original post about this issue was 8 months ago???

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

I agree.  This is a necessary part of the product, and I am looking to migrate away from GoDaddy to get it.

I was looking to build sub-menus as well.  The information in this string was incomplete. Here is what I found out:

1) GoDaddy has left up web-pages that claim to support submenus.  What they don't mention is that these are for now non-existent Web Builders.  There is a bunch of confusion thrown in due to web-pages and chat forums claiming that these features reappear if you use different web-browsers.

2) GoDaddy tech support claim that they don't understand what a submenu is or the difference between

- (a) Home - Sports- 1. Baseball 2. Football or (b) Home- Baseball - Football

3) Once tech support has you annoyed at the inability to add a basic feature, and indicates that there are no plans to add the feature, the tech support offers a web designer who will add the feature for $3500 plus $250/year.

It is hard to believe that GoDaddy only wants to sell to the very naive (who will be happy with four pages of website) and the very wealthy- who will pay thousands of dollars, or more, for someone else to do their website for them.

These are only templates, and their are plenty of other purveyors.  Like Wix, for starters.

Godaddy has now added the submenu navigation in their Go central.  So..thanks Godaddy!

Hi @artist007,

I was excited at your post - however it is only a workaround.  The site navigation for a submenu will look as follows /main_web_site/submenu/submenu_focus.  What Go Daddy does is claim they are providing a submenu but in fact they only provide /main_web_site/submenu_focus. Having a true submenu allows web-site users to navigate to category rather than page by page.

If you take the example of navigating (1) Home, (2) Sports (2a) Baseball (2b) Soccer (3) Desserts (3a) cake (3b) ice cream- you will only be able to direct traffic to /main_web_site/baseball or main_web_site/cake but there is no way to direct traffic to a focus of sports or a main focus of desserts. The problem is that desserts and sports are two fundamentally different things. 

Yes!!!  And you can drag and drop existing pages to make them sit under the parent menu.

Too bad it took them this long to do it.  I suspect it was actually done in 15 minutes. 

Actually, what you are saying is they they allow sub menus, but not sub-sub menus- in other words, no layering of menus.  Just a parent w/ a lot of children, but no grandkids can be nested under the children, , and no  great grand kids can be nested under the great grandkids..

Interesting as I am still unable the make sub menu. Cannot drop and drag either.

@MasterGPatwrote:

Yes!!!  And you can drag and drop existing pages to make them sit under the parent menu.

Too bad it took them this long to do it.  I suspect it was actually done in 15 minutes. 

cstrasia
    Former Employee
    Solution

@court1174

HI there and thanks for the message.  We added sub-navigation a couple months ago as a result of customer feedback; I'm sorry to hear it isn't working well for you.  Have you seen this help article?  GoCentral - Create dropdown menu.  If you still have questions feel free to give our support team a call, they'll be able to get it all figured out!

Thanks again,

Christie

Product Manager

GoCentral

Right, but their so-called submenus are really not. They are all just menus! (My mobile site preview has it right. There's a menu, then my pages, then category pages under that. That's a submenu.) On the full site, each so-called submenu is just a menu, they aren't all under one Heading. I'm glad I'm not alone. Luckily my site is not very complicated. But I HATE when companies take away my ability to customize even the very basic things, like, oh I don't know, size of my font!