• GoDaddy Community
  • GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Best option Website builder for yelp! or airbnb clone?

I'm looking to create a site where people can leave reviews.  It needs to be protected with a login, and needs to have a way to charge users a monthly fee.  Anyone have any suggestions for the best platform?  Wordpress with a couple plugins?  

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: Best option for yelp! or airbnb clone?

@andrewsmiley

I would go with WordPress, a directory theme and a combo of premium and free plugins to get any functionality you desire.

Being WordPress provides the option to require login, as does many directory themes to allow folks to leave a review, using a membership plugin would allow you to enhance the value of registering and becoming a "member" (special content, freebies, tools, etc.).  You can then use your exclusive membership perks to use that as an up-sell to encourage reviews of all kinds.

Of course that depends on what you are asking folks to review! Smiley Wink

Using a directory theme gives you the bones of the site where you can have listings by category.  And most have review features built in. There are a bunch to choose from out there -- just be sure to review the demo with a fine-tooth comb to make sure the layout and features are what you want.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "All people are the same; only their habits differ." ~Confucius

Thanks so much.  I'll have to give this a try in the next couple weeks.   I'm not quite at the point where I want to commit money towards it, too bad the plugins don't have 30 day trials.   That would give me time to set them up and test the functionality.   

Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

@andrewsmiley

Lots of great plugins that are free in the WordPress Plugin Repository.  Including Directory plugins that you can use with any theme.

If anything is true online it is that you have to spend money to make money.  (NSTAAFL)

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "All people are the same; only their habits differ." ~Confucius