cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Transfer domain and SSL certificates

Hello everyone,

I already have a domain with another provider and I bought SSL certificates for my website. The problem is that I share a server and the provider told me that I can't install my SSL certificates unless I'm gonna buy my own server to do that.

I'm thinking to transfer my domain to GoDaddy but I'd like to know how to have a server here and install my certificates.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Helper IV Helper IV
Helper IV
Solution

Re: Transfer domain and SSL certificates

You need a unique IP address to use an ssl certificate, it doesn't necessarily mean you need your own sever.

This support article explains how it works: https://www.godaddy.com/help/installing-third-party-ssls-on-cpanel-accounts-12027

Cheers!

Doc

Need some help with WordPress? Check out Site Doctor 911
Worry-Free WordPress Support - So You Can Focus On The Important Stuff

So I can transfer my domain to GoDaddy and then install my certificates with the guide that you linked me, right?

Helper IV Helper IV
Helper IV

Just so we're saying the same thing, it doesn't matter where your domain is. Your website doesn't have to be hosted with the same company as your domain name. What is important is that your website has a unique IP address. As long as that is the case, you can install an ssl certificate which the article explains how to do.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Doc

Need some help with WordPress? Check out Site Doctor 911
Worry-Free WordPress Support - So You Can Focus On The Important Stuff

Thanks for the quick reply. I just want to be sure that I migrate my hosting to GoDaddy choosing the option without 1 year of SSL, cause I can use mine.