cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    feradh
    Apprentice

Website missing ... File Manager Empty after hosting account update

Hi,

Recently i received an email informing an hosting account update, and immediately all my files in the hosting account vanished. 

Called the support team and I was notified that there was a server migration and files were not moved correctly to the new Server! 

My sites and services had been down now for almost an hour and still there is no sign of my files.

Can someone please advise me on what can I do ??

10 REPLIES
    Employee
    Employee

Re: Website missing ... File Manager Empty after hosting account update

Hello @feradh!

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. This is the type of situation you'd definitely want to reach out to our support team about. They can investigate to see what happened.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    feradh
    Apprentice

Thanks for the reply Heather,

I have been in touch with the support staff.They informed that there was a failure in migration of files to the new server.So they are trying to restore my old file back up and informed me it would take 24-72 hours.Smiley Sad

There has been tremendous effect on my business due to this downtime as there were many critical business applications hosted.

My main question is why did the migration even occur with any  consent taken from me and there was no acknowledgement with this regard?.My business had substantial effect  and facing losses due to this issue.

Very disappointed...Smiley Indifferent

Employee
    Employee

Hello @feradh!

Thank you for your reply. I can't really speak to your specific situation. However, most of the time migrations happen because of the hardware it resides on. That can be failures, upgrades, or replacements. The majority of the time, there's no impact to your site. There are usually emails sent to let you know that there's a scheduled migration of your site. You might check to make sure we have the right email address on file.

DaveS1
    Tinkerer

Hi Feradh - I am very sorry to hear of this.  I don't have any real help to add other than to say this is similar to what happened to my website.  It disappeared on Oct 21 and I'm still not resolved and back up and running!  They say they upgraded me, and yet the new platform is not working correctly and all my files were gone from backup.

Hopefully yours will be resolved shortly....good luck!  Dave

Employee
    Employee

Hello @DaveS1!

I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. Are you working with our support team to get your files back?

DaveS1
    Tinkerer

Thanks @Heather....I appreciate your concern.  I don't want to hijack @feradh 's thread here...but had just wanted to add to him that the similar thing had happened to me.

To directly answer  your question, my website is still down...and I've worked with a number of  the support staff, but none have been able to determine any root cause as to  why the server is not working correctly....nor as to why the website disappeared in the first place.

I'm frustrated...but continue on - David

(PS - good  luck feradh - i hope you get going soon).

Just found the same issue with my website...all of the files vanished. Been on hold with GoDaddy customer support for 22 minutes. Probably same issue...failed server migration.

Finally got on with a tech. Was not a server migration. He's going to check with an admin to see what might have happened.

flashysite
    Skilled

Me too...website files suddenly missing. Had a back up done, but this too is GONE !!!!

Big thanks to Godaddy.

ps: a year ago, all my emails were also GONE,  Thanks to godaddy again.

I will spread the word on many forums about missing files and emails with godaddy.

GoDaddy Pro
    GoDaddy Pro

I have same issue.

Can't believe more than 40 folders disappeared with files in File manager.

All websites are down.

Called Tech Support twice today with first call time more than 30 mins and second call more than 60 minutes.

I tried to restore files from History View in Files Manager as directed by Tech Support.

Unable to recover single file so far.

Now even though I can see my files and folders in history, Server is giving message Unspecified Error Occurred.

Now even So Called Advanced Tech Support Team at GoDaddy US is telling a Tech Support executive on call that none of the files exist on the server and all files have been deleted by the customer.

I asked for the log details like time & IP from which I deleted these files.

They say this is not allowed for security purpose. Whose security?

Do they think by telling me IP address and Time someone could Nuke the world.

What security when they have deleted all of my files and left me out of my business?

Second call Tech Support requested me to try on my own with lot of embarrassment. She in fact agreed that GoDaddy Advanced Team is unable to do anything into this.

Anyways a good reason to shift my hosting to some other Hosting Provider.

Bye Bye GoDaddy!