cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Retired
    Not applicable

Website Feedback?

Howdy. I was wondering if this was the spot to get some input to how my site looks and what I could improve upon. I'm new to this sorta thing, but it's a passion project. As a side, I'm not really familiar with policy writing, so the ToS and Privacy Policy for my site are drawn from the ones on Nat Geo due to similar purpose, so I do need to improve that. Thanks and cheers in advance.

https://ironwolf.xyz/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User 2020

@Retired 

So I visited your site and....  I have no idea what it is about, what it is supposed to be about or what it going to be about.

That's a big issue.  When folks land on your home page, there should be some obvious information letting them know that they've landed at the right place to serve their needs/interest/purpose.

"See the Project" just brings me to an empty blog archive with a very generic benign statement that could apply to so many things.  

I can't comment on the visuals, because there are so few and being I don't know the purpose of the site, I don't know if the current color scheme makes sense.

So here's what I recommend:

=> Work on your home page to clarify exactly what it is you do or offer.  Have that "above the fold".  That's the area before a site visitor scrolls to the lower portion of the page.

=> Create an About page that talks about why you are creating the site.  Include why you are the one to be the creator of the site and the motivation and passion behind it.  A nice photo of yourself and some personal information helps to introduce you as the real person behind your project.

=> Create a FAQ page to answer all the questions site visitors may have about how to use your site and what it's about.

=> Not sure what "See the Project" means -- but that wouldn't be the Blog.  I would think that would go to a page that describes your plan for the site from start to future.

=> You'll want to have a contact form for visitors to be able to reach out.

So basically at this time, you've just got a placecard.  Now you have to start adding content and images that will bring the site to life.  

Does that help?  Let me know if you have any questions! 😉

Judith
    "No guts, no story." ~ Chris Brady

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User 2020

@Retired 

So I visited your site and....  I have no idea what it is about, what it is supposed to be about or what it going to be about.

That's a big issue.  When folks land on your home page, there should be some obvious information letting them know that they've landed at the right place to serve their needs/interest/purpose.

"See the Project" just brings me to an empty blog archive with a very generic benign statement that could apply to so many things.  

I can't comment on the visuals, because there are so few and being I don't know the purpose of the site, I don't know if the current color scheme makes sense.

So here's what I recommend:

=> Work on your home page to clarify exactly what it is you do or offer.  Have that "above the fold".  That's the area before a site visitor scrolls to the lower portion of the page.

=> Create an About page that talks about why you are creating the site.  Include why you are the one to be the creator of the site and the motivation and passion behind it.  A nice photo of yourself and some personal information helps to introduce you as the real person behind your project.

=> Create a FAQ page to answer all the questions site visitors may have about how to use your site and what it's about.

=> Not sure what "See the Project" means -- but that wouldn't be the Blog.  I would think that would go to a page that describes your plan for the site from start to future.

=> You'll want to have a contact form for visitors to be able to reach out.

So basically at this time, you've just got a placecard.  Now you have to start adding content and images that will bring the site to life.  

Does that help?  Let me know if you have any questions! 😉

Judith
    "No guts, no story." ~ Chris Brady

Would you mind having a look at this website bestairpurifier2021.com