cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

billed without knowledge for domain

Hi. 

I purchased a domain as a joke for my programming class in school for 1,44€ and thought nothing of it. And today I get an email saying that I had been billed the yearly rate of 144€.

So I was just thinking, is it possible to get a refund for that since I didn't get any email, any notification or warning for it.

Jesse

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Jebetron,

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you still had the auto-renewal applied to the domain. You can remove this anytime in your account and have control over your billings. You would have received multiple alerts to the expiration and billing of the domain. These are automated and sent to the email address on your account (check your spam folder).

No one in this volunteer forum can access your account or provide a refund. However, you can check the refund policy to see if the domain is eligible for a refund. Then cancel the domain and call Customer Care to request a refund. They'll process that for you quickly for any eligible refunds. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Jebetron,

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you still had the auto-renewal applied to the domain. You can remove this anytime in your account and have control over your billings. You would have received multiple alerts to the expiration and billing of the domain. These are automated and sent to the email address on your account (check your spam folder).

No one in this volunteer forum can access your account or provide a refund. However, you can check the refund policy to see if the domain is eligible for a refund. Then cancel the domain and call Customer Care to request a refund. They'll process that for you quickly for any eligible refunds. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post