cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Why did my domain renew before I was told it would?

Dear Concern,

I would like to raise a complain regarding my (tecbench.co.uk) domain renewal procedure. According to email from Godaddy my domain expiry date is 14 July 2018. I put a note in my diary to cancel the renew a week before expiration but today received an email that the account is renew on 30 June 2018 & fee is deducted too.
To be frank it not fair for any customer who do not want to renew the domain and the Godaddy renew it 2 week before the domain expiration without the owner consent.

Is there way I can claim the refund for my not wanted domain?

As a Godaddy customer I hope my case will be fairly considered.

Regards,
Fahim Hasan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Why did my domain renew before I was told it would?

Hi @Fahim49121. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! For some domain registrations, we're required to renew them prior to their expiration date. This is also the case with .UK domains. For more information, you can see this article. Also, please keep in mind that you can always disable automatic renewal if you want to cancel a domain when it is scheduled to expire. For more information on how to do that, please see this article. If you'd like to request a refund, please do so by connecting with our support team

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Why did my domain renew before I was told it would?

Hi @Fahim49121. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! For some domain registrations, we're required to renew them prior to their expiration date. This is also the case with .UK domains. For more information, you can see this article. Also, please keep in mind that you can always disable automatic renewal if you want to cancel a domain when it is scheduled to expire. For more information on how to do that, please see this article. If you'd like to request a refund, please do so by connecting with our support team

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post