cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Payment method - missing information

Dear Godaddy community, kindly guide me on how to add/verify my payment method using debit card. It keep saying I've missed some required information, i tried over and over again, and i filled all the necessary information they required but all in vain. 

Now i can't be able to contact them or chat with them, i tried calling but the number they provide isn't working from my country, (Nigeria). Please what do you think i should do now? Or i should probably forget about Godaddy and start doing business with different company? I'm tired 😭

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

I support some GoDaddy customers that do business in/from Nigeria and I've not heard billing issues @Zamzas? I don't mean to infer that you aren't having issues or belittle your experience.

Account security and billing seems to get more 'secure' (and therefore complex) year after year. I know that it can often be a bother but it is done for your benefit. Additionally there are a few issues with Nigeria and security. What I suggest you do is make sure that your billing information is correct. Perhaps contact your bank directly to make sure they are not blocking your legitimate transaction because of something like country of origin.

You may also want to consider a company like PayPal for your GoDaddy payments. I have also pushed the use of Good as Gold for GoDaddy international businesses as a payment method. Check out What is Good As Gold? I actually see GoDaddy Good as Gold as the absolute no hassle payment method.

I have gone away from using credit cards for billing as my numbers seem to often change, keeping track on what card is setup for billing and where is a bother. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

Community Manager

Hi @Zamzas. Thanks for posting. In addition to the great advice from @rd, please take a look at the solution on this thread. It may help you get past the issue you've been experiencing. 

EDIT - Sorry. Had the wrong link, but it's fixed now 😬

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

I support some GoDaddy customers that do business in/from Nigeria and I've not heard billing issues @Zamzas? I don't mean to infer that you aren't having issues or belittle your experience.

Account security and billing seems to get more 'secure' (and therefore complex) year after year. I know that it can often be a bother but it is done for your benefit. Additionally there are a few issues with Nigeria and security. What I suggest you do is make sure that your billing information is correct. Perhaps contact your bank directly to make sure they are not blocking your legitimate transaction because of something like country of origin.

You may also want to consider a company like PayPal for your GoDaddy payments. I have also pushed the use of Good as Gold for GoDaddy international businesses as a payment method. Check out What is Good As Gold? I actually see GoDaddy Good as Gold as the absolute no hassle payment method.

I have gone away from using credit cards for billing as my numbers seem to often change, keeping track on what card is setup for billing and where is a bother. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Community Manager

Hi @Zamzas. Thanks for posting. In addition to the great advice from @rd, please take a look at the solution on this thread. It may help you get past the issue you've been experiencing. 

EDIT - Sorry. Had the wrong link, but it's fixed now 😬

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.