cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

No response to Malware clean request

Its been many days since I opened a malware removal ticket request, but it seems no godaddy support is looking into it....i provided correct FTP/SFTP, been many days, but no response till date.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

@Qouiou It seems you've finally gotten your website cleaned, which I'm glad to hear. It does seem like something didn't quite go right with your ticket. I'm not sure why you would have needed to provide your FTP/SFTP information more than once. I will pass on your feedback to that team so they can review what happened. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Are you on a GoDaddy Website Protection plan of some kind @Qouiou? Is this something you discovered or something alerted through a website scan? I find that no ticket is required? Mostly any issues are corrected by Express Malware Removal before I am aware. Typically what you would get is a email? I'm wondering why your process is different?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Image 0.pngimage 1.pngImage 2.pngimage 3.pngDear RD, 

Finally I got to hear from Godaddy and thank you for it.

But I am surprised that you couldn't locate any pending ticket in my account, its very frustrating and not consumer friendly for Godaddy to have such a complex customer support system to address user issues.

My ticket ID is 15994939493785

Please note my issue in a chronological order:

1- Image 0.png   = my pending ticket, which is still opened till now

2- Image 1.png   = shows and "confirms" an active infection for my domain

3- Image 2.png  = Mr. Derick F.(Godaddy malware removal expert) confirms my website has no infection/malware....I really wish to ask him how he could not see an active infection after I opened a ticket?

4- Image 3.png   = Another malware expert(Mr.Seth), was unable to locate my FTP credentials anywhere in my ticket messages, despite giving it multiple times already(both FTP+SFTP), it seems the experts are too lazy to go through ticket messages adequately.

You are correct about malware removal team addressing the issues on top priority, but why in my case the ticket is pending since more than a week ??

[Image links removed by JesseW - Community Manager. To keep things secure, please use the image upload option in your post instead]

Community Manager

@Qouiou It seems you've finally gotten your website cleaned, which I'm glad to hear. It does seem like something didn't quite go right with your ticket. I'm not sure why you would have needed to provide your FTP/SFTP information more than once. I will pass on your feedback to that team so they can review what happened. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

Hi @Qouiou,

The volunteers in our Community (such as @rd) are end users such as yourself. They have no access to your account or the GoDaddy tools and systems to see a ticket within your account. If you have an issue that requires specific action within your account by the GoDaddy Customer Care team, you'll need to contact them directly through phone or chat (as you subsequently have) so they can look at a specific ticket. 

GoDaddy has phone support available at the numbers here: x.co/247support. If calling isn't an option for you, please try the live chat available Monday-Friday from 5am-6pm Arizona time (MST) on the US/English home page (https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us).

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support