cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Godaddy refusal to port my fax number

This email was sent 9/10/20 to pr@godaddy.com, which was the suggested was of contacting you after many hours on chat.
Your web site does not list any way other than phone, which takes about 45 minutes of wait time, and no one can help me, and chat, which I have tried about 5 times, and at this time, 9/10/20 at 2:45 pm EST, is not available after numerous attempts
Addendum to my 9-8-20 email:
I also am informing you that by denying me the ability to port my number, I can not insure that I will not miss important communications.  If any malpractice claim, or other loss arises from this action, you will be named in the suite.  And you can not claim you were not notified in advance.
Be sure your legal team reviews this message.  So far I have had no response to all my attempts to contact you!
.----------------------------------------------
Harold Kornylak, D.O.
Osteopathic Medicine, Psychotherapy, Intimacy Enhancement
1432 East Bay Shore Drive
Virginia Beach, VA  23451
================================================

==================================================================================================================
You informed me after many years of service that I had 30 days before you terminated my service.  I acted quickly and set up an account with FaxBetter.  I asked them to port my fax number from you.  They informed me that you would not allow them to have the number.  I spent a number of hours calling you, waiting as much as 45 minutes on hold, each time I was informed that you will no allow me to port my existing number.  I explained that I have the number in directories, services, printed materials, and I need to have continuity of that number.  I was told there is noting I can do about it.  That you will not allow me to take that number with me and you have no reason other than just meanness to not allow it.  I insisted i needed to talk with a supervisor or someone in higher authority.  the representative declined and said someone in authority would call me back.  No one did.  I called again today, and the representative reviewed the notes and said he could find no such plan in the notes.  The time to arrange porting is slipping away.

Either you respond to me immediately with a plan to give me that number OR  I will be arranging for a class action suite on behalf of all the customers you are forcing to change numbers at great expense and inconvenience with no good reason.  I am very angry about this situation and will begin action with a few days if I have not heard back from you.

----------------------------------------------
Harold Kornylak, D.O.
Osteopathic Medicine, Psychotherapy, Intimacy Enhancement
1432 East Bay Shore Drive
Virginia Beach, VA  23451
================================================

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

@kornylak We understand that this assigned number has been part of your business for some time. Unfortunately, after investigating all possible options, we will not be porting this number to another service. There were several factors that led to this decision, including privacy, security, and technical considerations.

To give some context, GoDaddy is not a local exchange carrier (LEC) in the current arrangement and is instead the customer of record. This means we don’t have the mechanisms in place to quickly and easily port assigned numbers. This is reflected in our Workspace Services Agreement, which states you do not own the assigned number and we are not obligated to move the assigned number to another provider.

We didn’t take this decision lightly and apologize for any inconvenience.

Also, we have an FAQ document set up if you’d like additional information. It’s possible that this document may be updated in the upcoming weeks. You can find that here.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

@kornylak We understand that this assigned number has been part of your business for some time. Unfortunately, after investigating all possible options, we will not be porting this number to another service. There were several factors that led to this decision, including privacy, security, and technical considerations.

To give some context, GoDaddy is not a local exchange carrier (LEC) in the current arrangement and is instead the customer of record. This means we don’t have the mechanisms in place to quickly and easily port assigned numbers. This is reflected in our Workspace Services Agreement, which states you do not own the assigned number and we are not obligated to move the assigned number to another provider.

We didn’t take this decision lightly and apologize for any inconvenience.

Also, we have an FAQ document set up if you’d like additional information. It’s possible that this document may be updated in the upcoming weeks. You can find that here.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post