cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

GoDaddy shutting down Virb through Media Temple

Anyone had their business virb website shut down without permission from Go daddy?

I am losing work as have no marketing materials to show.....and in the time of covid

Also no one will accept responsibility or offer a solution......I do not normally support litigious behavior but in this in this case considering....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi @LT2. Thanks for posting. I understand how this could be a frustrating issue for you. Here's what I know: Virb was a product that was supported through Media Temple. On March 27th, they stopped supporting Virb, but also stopped charging for it. Prior to this, they emailed customers with information about what was happening and also provided promo codes to help customers get set up with GoDaddy Websites + Marketing. On May 27th, all Virb sites were taken down. 

If you did not have an opportunity to make a backup of your site content before May 27th, I would suggest looking up your site on web.archive.org (otherwise known as the Way Back Machine) or other internet caching sites. This would be your best opportunity to obtain any of the content that was on your previous site. 

I know that's probably not what you'd like to hear, but I hope you find it helpful in some way. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Hi @LT2. Thanks for posting. I understand how this could be a frustrating issue for you. Here's what I know: Virb was a product that was supported through Media Temple. On March 27th, they stopped supporting Virb, but also stopped charging for it. Prior to this, they emailed customers with information about what was happening and also provided promo codes to help customers get set up with GoDaddy Websites + Marketing. On May 27th, all Virb sites were taken down. 

If you did not have an opportunity to make a backup of your site content before May 27th, I would suggest looking up your site on web.archive.org (otherwise known as the Way Back Machine) or other internet caching sites. This would be your best opportunity to obtain any of the content that was on your previous site. 

I know that's probably not what you'd like to hear, but I hope you find it helpful in some way. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post