cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Getting in touch with Godaddy Support

Man, attempting to contact Godaddy is an exercise in patience and frustration.  Last week, I called twice and hung up after 30 mins in queue. On Tuesday of last week the IVR connection was so bad I could not hear the prompts. "Did she ask me to enter something? I heard "press #?"... 

Last week, each day (after updating Chrome) I attempted to use Chat but the Chat button always showed "Chat Loading". 

This morning, chat button showed "Chat Loading" again, but about 10 minutes later, a chat window appeared. It asked me my issue, then placed me in a "Chat: about 13 minutes" queue. I waited, then chat disconnected: "We're so sorry! How would you like to reconnect?"

I haven't dealt with airlines in a while, but I have to say Godaddy Customer Care - "Jeebus!"

Just as I was typing this, Chat window disconnected again "Somethign has gone wrong. Let's try that again. We're so sorry, how would you like to reconnect. Chat: about 20 minutes." My place in queue is getting longer and longer, it's going the wrong way....

Again, now my chat wait is 24 minutes....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi @Chas2002. Thanks for taking the time to reach out. I'm not sure why you would be experiencing issues with our IVR or chat systems themselves (we are not currently experiencing issues with either). We are aware of the wait times and are doing our best to shorten those as soon as possible. 

If you're still having trouble seeing the chat button load, please try using a chrome incognito or FireFox private browsing window. That's usually the easiest way to get around any compatibility issues. 

Also, if there is a specific technical issue that the community can try to help out with, I'd encourage you to post that subject as it's own thread. Someone may be able to provide suggestions on how you can move forward.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

So, after dealing with this for about an hour, I'm giving up.

Example of what Chat Window keeps doing over and over...

Oct. 5, 2:13 pm

Let's get you some help! Please tell us what you need.
renew

Expert help is available!

Chat: about 30 minutes

Trying to connect you...
Something has gone wrong. Let's try that again.

We're so sorry! How would you like to reconnect?

Chat: about 31 minutes
Call us: about 22 mins

Community Manager

Hi @Chas2002. Thanks for taking the time to reach out. I'm not sure why you would be experiencing issues with our IVR or chat systems themselves (we are not currently experiencing issues with either). We are aware of the wait times and are doing our best to shorten those as soon as possible. 

If you're still having trouble seeing the chat button load, please try using a chrome incognito or FireFox private browsing window. That's usually the easiest way to get around any compatibility issues. 

Also, if there is a specific technical issue that the community can try to help out with, I'd encourage you to post that subject as it's own thread. Someone may be able to provide suggestions on how you can move forward.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post