cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Retired
Not applicable

Customer Support asked for OTP

Recently I made a chat with customer support for some domain issue. I understand that I need to provide customer id and support pin. However customer support agent asking me my OTP even I already submit customer id and support pin via secure form. Just curious is it standard procedure of GoDaddy? If so it is really not cool since I already provided customer id and support PIN and it is too risky to share OTP .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@Retired 

If you have 2 factor authentication, then yes GoDaddy's systems requires you not only to authenticate with your customer number and pin but the OTP from the 2 factor authentication no different than if you were to log in on your own.

This is true of GoDaddy and others - I've had it where I made a call to the bank and although they verified me / authenticated - their system still needed to send me a one time code to fully let them in.

The one time passcode usually has a 15-30 minute timeout - so i'm not sure where your comment about the risk to share it is.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@Retired 

If you have 2 factor authentication, then yes GoDaddy's systems requires you not only to authenticate with your customer number and pin but the OTP from the 2 factor authentication no different than if you were to log in on your own.

This is true of GoDaddy and others - I've had it where I made a call to the bank and although they verified me / authenticated - their system still needed to send me a one time code to fully let them in.

The one time passcode usually has a 15-30 minute timeout - so i'm not sure where your comment about the risk to share it is.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post