cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in checkout page

I just found a bug in godaddy website which was the reason of my unsuccessful payment. I suspect it is a bug and that can happen with other users too.

Steps to reproduce:

1. After login go to ‘My Products’
2. Go to the section ‘Web Hosting’ and click on ‘Options’, whatever current hosting you have (My case it is Starter Linux Hosting with cPanel)
3. Now select the upgrade suggested option (My case Deluxe Linux Hosting by default) and click check out.
4. On checkout page, if you change the duration month from the dropdown then, instead of updating total amount it is updation discount percentage Smiley Happy (I guess this is not the Discount Offer)
5. So if you choose whatever months (Say 120 months) you will have to pay the same amount which is selected for 1 month.
6. And when you pay, you amount is debited from your bank but payment is unsuccessful.

Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 4.59.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-28 at 4.59.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-28 at 4.59.29 PM.png

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Hi @Approsites. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Sorry you had trouble with this. Our developers are aware of the issue and will be working on fixing this. Please keep in mind that when upgrading an account, you pay a prorated rate for the remainder of the time you have on the account. This is why changing the month timeframe would not work. Ideally, the option should not be there at all. Sorry for any confusion. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.